Attention Volunteer Administrators, Managers, Coordinators and Non-Profits!
On March 24th, the State Office of Volunteerism and the Delaware Association of Volunteer Administrators (DAVA) are teaming up to produce the annual Delaware Conference on Volunteerism which is being held at Dover Downs in Dover, De.
If you are a volunteer administrator, manager, coordinator, work for a non-profit, or serve on a Board, this conference is for YOU! Cost is $75.00 for DAVA members and $90.00 for non-members. Same day conference registration will cost $125.00. Order your tickets early to take advantage of the savings!
Conference keynote Honorable Robin R. Christiansen, Mayor of Dover will start the day off with an exciting discussion on the value of volunteers not only in your community, but throughout the State of Delaware.
Session topics include:
- Volunteer risk management, changes and updates in volunteer background checks and volunteer liability.
- Break free from your fears of networking and step forward to effectively network in any situation
- How to create a positive work environment for people of diverse backgrounds including strategies for the inclusion of individuals with disabilities
- Learn a new way to value your volunteers’ time
- Better practices on engaging your volunteer leaders with a focus on recruitment, training and development of board members
- Value and benefit of volunteerism in your community and state and the impact on both the volunteers and stakeholders.
8:00 am – 9:00 am Registration and Breakfast
9:00 am – 10:15 am Welcome Address and Keynote Speaker
10:30 am – 12:00 pm Morning Sessions
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Lunch with Miss Delaware, Brooke Mitchell
1:15 pm – 2:45 pm Afternoon Sessions
3:00 pm – 3:15 pm The Inspiring Project with Chase Marvil
To learn more about the speakers and sessions, visit www.volunteerdelaware.org and look for information under the header Volunteer Conference. This is a wonderful way to interact with your colleagues, learn from each other, and find out about best practices.
Mr. George Jackson from Scrolls for Soldiers will be available during lunch for attendees to sign scrolls that are mailed to deployed troops during the holidays.
Registration is online on Eventbrite at http://www.eventbrite.com/e/2016-delaware-conference-on-volunteerism-tickets-20477128643?aff=efbevent
For more information contact April Willey by calling 302-857-5006 or by emailing email@example.com
Founded in 2002, Success Won’t Wait, Inc. is a 501c3 non-profit literacy organization based in Wilmington, Delaware. Want to learn more about Success Won’t Wait’s literacy projects, how to donate used books in Delaware, or volunteer your time? Click on the About Us tab to learn more.
Read now, because success won’t wait!