National Mentoring Month, held each year in January, celebrates its 10th anniversary in 2011 by raising awareness about the important role mentoring can play in academic engagement.
National Mentoring Month draws a spotlight on mentoring and the positive effect it can have on young lives. Together, the Harvard School of Public Health, MENTOR, and the Corporation for National and Community Service are working to focus national attention on the need for mentors.
10 Things To Do During National Mentoring Month
1. Become a mentor in your community.
2. Learn more about mentoring.
3. Partner with a mentoring organization.
4. Tell 5 friends about National Mentoring Month.
5. Think about the mentors in your life and post a tribute to them online.
6. Read the latest research and find resources on mentoring.
7. Serve your community on MLK Day of Service by deciding to become a mentor.
8. Make a donation to a mentoring organization in your community.
9. Go to YouTube on Thank Your Mentor Day™ (January 25) and make the National Mentoring Month videos the most popular of the day.
10. Explore ways to help children succeed academically through mentoring.
Learn more about how to do each of these 10 things at: www.nationalmentoringmonth.org Additional information is available at: www.serve.gov/mentor
Thanks for your post on National Mentoring Month! I was late this year but I will be sure to post about it next year.