Last year, long-time Success Won’t Wait volunteer Christine McNeill started work on a “mini library” in the Teen Center at the Claymont Books and Girls Club. Limited space kept the initial donation to 150+ age-appropriate books. Today, with a little more space to work with, Christine added an additional 150 books — bringing the total to over 300 books!
The Teen Center of the Claymont Boys and Girls Club is a large area dedicated to Club members 12 to 19 years of age. The area is designed with a comfortable gathering and conversation area, games and of course, books! By providing books that are easily accessible in their own dedicated space, teens who use the Center are encouraged to pick up a book and read for pleasure!
ABOUT THE BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF DELAWARE
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware serves more than 20,500 youth annually – 1 out of every 5 school-aged children in the state.
- There are 44 Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware locations across the State, in all three counties.
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware is the largest licensed provider of before-and after-school care in the state.
- The Boys & Girls Club partners with 15 of the state’s 19 school districts and nine charter schools to provide educational services and curriculum-based learning to supplement what children are learning in the classroom.
- All fulltime staff in the clubs are college-educated and professionally trained.
- Clubs provide more hours of service to youth than any other organization other than schools and detention centers.
Founded in 2002, Success Won’t Wait, Inc. is a 501c3 non-profit literacy organization based in Wilmington, Delaware. Want to learn more about Success Won’t Wait’s literacy projects, how to donate used books, or volunteer your time? Simply visit About Success Won’t Wait.
Read now, because success won’t wait!